Buffalo is the home of incredible design – both natural and man-made – including nearby Niagara Falls and Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece Darwin Martin House. It’s within this artful culture that ASI, Buffalo brings beautifully designed and executed custom signage for both interior and exterior needs.
Our team of engineers, graphic designers, and manufacturing experts covers the entire process of signage creation and development, from initial concept through manufacturing, installation and maintenance. We’ve created a customer-driven organization that prides itself on providing unparalleled service and unmatched quality. From branding and wayfinding to unique communication needs, we have the expertise and experience to deliver superior results, every time, on time and within your budget.
ASI, Buffalo is also part of the extended family of ASI offices across the country – a network of innovators specializing in architectural signage and wayfinding solutions for America’s top brands. Together we bring superb planning, craftsmanship and execution to every project. We’d like to do the same for you.
Owner of ASI, Buffalo and Sales Manager
Andy has been with ASI since 1989 and his extensive experience in all aspects of sign design and program management has proven to be a valuable resource in the development and execution of signage programs.
Owner of ASI, Buffalo and Sales Consultant
Bethany has over 25 years of experience in the design and planning of architectural signage. Her extensive experience in all aspects of sign management has proven to be a valuable resource in the development and execution of signage programs.
Karla has been a part of ASI since 2001 and has numerous years of experience in the brand and image field with emphasis on acquisition of accounts and management of those accounts.
Karin has twenty years of experience in the signage industry. Her background includes design and wayfinding, however her emphasis is on client relations, acquisition of accounts and management of those accounts.
Owner of ASI, Buffalo and Manufacturing Engineer
Keith has been with ASI since 1996 and oversees and participates in the development and implementation of manufacturing and installation methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
Owner of ASI, Buffalo and Graphics & Project Management
Shawna has over twenty years of experience in the managing of projects and design. She has vast experience in interior, exterior and custom signage projects. Her attention to detail, organization and ability to listen to the clients’ needs allows her to successfully manage multiple projects.
Buffalo State College Donor Wall
Expert Craftsmanship Brings Intricate Donor Recognition Solution to Life
The vision was to not only pay tribute to the generosity of the donors who made the space possible, but also to the programs within the building.
Hall of Fame and Team History Recognition Wall for Professional Hockey Team
In order to appropriately honor the legacy of the players and communicate the team’s history for generations to come.
Upstate University Hospital
Complete Signage Solution for Children’s Hospital Expansion
The University’s planning committee wanted to update the interior signage for the campus buildings to continue to promote the school’s updated brand identity.
Independent Health Family Branch YMCA
Complete Signage Solution for Active YMCA
With the diverse amenities, the signage design had to be durable and simple for young and old, fit within the YMCA’s brand standards and still present a classic timeless look.
What Clients are Saying about Us
ASI has provided signage and graphics for several projects on our campus and we have always found their work to be exceptional. They executed this project with a high level of craftsmanship and with careful coordination with other contractors.
ASI is a full-service provider of architectural signage. We approach projects by focusing on the planning and design to obtain critical information needed to provide the most effective signage program specific to your goals. Through years of experience, we have found that successful brand and image solutions are achieved by understanding and integrating the following five key elements into a comprehensive signage and wayfinding system: Need, Design, Function, Budget, Time. These five keys are fundamentals in our Design-Build process and are applied from the creation of the design proposal to the preparation of the final deliverables. Through our proven process, not only do we develop creative concepts, but we ensure they are properly implemented by our experienced team of designers and project managers. The results — responsible designs that meet your needs and fit your budget.
Fabrication & Value Engineering
We have over 15,000 square feet of manufacturing space and have an in-depth understanding of signage fabrication, how a sign is made and how to value engineer the design. Our lead engineer works closely with our designers and fabrication department to ensure that a sign can be made and be made to with stand the environmental conditions it will be exposed to. We design and manufacture signage that can grow with a facility by allowing for future updates or changes if they were to occur, therefore eliminating the need for new signage. Through the full utilization of our equipment, we are able to maximum the usage of the materials to ensure the best utilization possible.
Continuing Education Courses
ASI’s commitment to providing innovative solutions for architectural environments includes training professionals in the community. As a continuing education provider recognized by the AIA, we offer several AIA registered classes that count towards Health, Safety and Welfare credit hours.
Whether you are seeking AIA credits, want to stay current with industry trends and information or promote continuing education within your company, we can help.
Click here to schedule a lunch & learn.
ADA & Accessibility Guidelines
- General legal framework for the ADA and ADAAG and their relationship to local and state codes and regulations
- Major ADAAG regulations currently governing interior signage
- Impact of the “new” ADAAG on signage design
Introduction to Digital Signage
- Understand utilization by market segment
- Overview of hardware, software and content components that create a turn-key solution
- Common uses to address wayfinding, identification, regulatory and other critical information needs
- Impacts of accessibility guidelines including the ADA, mounting and other considerations
Wayfinding: The Psychology of Movement
- Introduction to wayfinding concepts and terminologies
- Conducting a wayfinding assessment of a building or location
- Applying traffic flow theories to a location
- Determining the necessary placement of signage to support a location
Color Theory and Architectural Signage
- Basic principles of color, including the makeup of the color wheel and commonly used color harmonies
- Palette of colors used in design, including architectural materials
- Principles of contrast and legibility as defined by the ADAAG, including recommended contrast levels using Light Reflective Value (LRV) calculations
- Common color harmonies that impact the design of signage and architectural design in general
Program developed by Roger Whitehouse, RIBA, FSEGD
Green: The Strategies for Signage
- Introduction to green concepts and terminologies
- Green strategies for signage including: material selection, modularity, durability and end-of-life management
- How signage affects LEED® certification
Green: Introduction to Solar Signage
- Benefits of solar powered signage
- Primary components of a solar sign
- Design & related considerations
- Impact of sustainability on brand promotion
Architectural Typography: The Hidden Art of Letters
- Basics of typography as used in architecture: terminology, measurement, cases and typestyles
- Principles of legibility, character spacing, contrast and color
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) as applied to typography
Program developed by Roger Whitehouse, RIBA, FSEGD
Albright Knox Art Gallery
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
Buffalo Public Schools
Genesee Riverway Trails
Monroe County Hall of Justice
Onondaga Community College
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Shaker Pointe @ Cardonelete
St. Bonaventure University
SUNY Buffalo State
SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
SUNY Upstate Medical University
University at Buffalo
Village of Lewiston