Seeking applications for a qualified/experienced candidate to fill an immediate opening for a Sign Painter with experience in the signage industry. The Sign Painter is responsible for supporting the efficient operation of ASI Signage, St. Louis’s Paint Department by painting signs and sign components using the Matthews line of urethane paints.
· Thoroughly reviews each work order prior to beginning work.
· Works with the following equipment:
· Enclosed Paint Booth and Mixing Station
· Various top HVLP Spray Guns
· Perform color matching to client specified colors on different substrates.
· Documents paints and mixing codes for every job and color using labels and spray out cards.
· Follow the approved process for painting the numerous substrates/materials used in manufacturing sign (aluminum, acrylic, HDU, steel, wood, pvc, vinyl, etc)
· Ensures that signs and sign components produced adhere to specified standards.
· Performs basic daily maintenance and cleaning of all equipment per manufacturer’s instructions.
· Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment and procedures in compliance with OSHA guidelines along with ASI safety rules and policies.
· Adheres to all regulatory compliance guidelines for hazardous waste disposal.
· Works independently as well as a contributing part of the production team.
· Available for overtime and work on weekends as needed.
· Ability to utilize sanding equipment and perform paint preparation.
· 3-5 years of (sign) painting experience is preferred. Auto body paint experience is great as well.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Expert attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Able to quickly identify problems and seek solutions.
· Able to communicate effectively and work well with others in a team environment.
· Ability to work from specifications, shop orders, drawings, cover sheets, samples, and instructions.
· Faux Finishing with paint is a plus.
· Air Brushing is a plus.
· Physical Requirements below:
· PPE is required as follows: Wearing personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, and earplugs, safety shoes and face mask.
· Paint coveralls and a solvent filtering paint mask are required at all times.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
ASI Sign Systems, Inc. offers a competitive total compensation package to employees that include:
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Life insurance
• 401(k) matching
• Company paid holidays
ASI's HR Team: [email protected]